When you’re in the grip of an addiction to alcohol or drugs, recovery can seem an impossible goal. But with the right treatment and support you can manage your withdrawal symptoms, identify the underlying cause and tackle your problems.
The path to recovery can be tough but the key is “don’t give up”, even if you have tried and failed before. It’s never too early to ask for help and it’s never too late to start again. Getting treatment really can help you overcome life’s obstacles and enable you to develop a better relationship with yourself and others.
Kingston Wellbeing Service offers a range of treatments for Kingston residents, aged 18 and over, who have problems with alcohol or drugs.
We work with individuals at any stage of their problem. We provide a single point of access to assessment and treatment, including treatment of related depression and anxiety disorders.
Our service includes:
- Assessment and personal recovery care plan developed with each individual
- Advice and information on reducing harm
- Specialist detoxification programmes to manage withdrawal symptoms and safely wean you off alcohol or drugs
- One-to-one and group therapies aimed at reaching the core of the problem, creating ways to deal with cravings and avoid repeating past mistakes
- Motivation, support and advice from people with “lived experience” (those that have previously had problems with alcohol or drugs and who have successfully overcome them)
- Group activities and social networks, e.g. breakfast mornings, men and women’s groups, relapse prevention, life skills advice, mindfulness sessions, ear acupuncture and complementary therapies.
Download a sample timetable.
- Family and friends support group
- Joint working with employment agencies, training providers and housing associations to help you get back on track